Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer
If your confidence has been suffering, and you feel it’s because of the shape or size of your breasts, a breast augmentation with fat transfer may be the solution!
What Is a Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer?
A Breast Augmentation is any surgical procedure that changes the size of the breasts. It can be done with implants or via fat transfer. When it’s done with fat transfer, Dr. Ver Halen uses liposuction to remove fat from one part of your body. Then he transfers it to your breasts.
Some patients combine breast augmentation with fat transfer with other procedures to achieve even more desired results. Popular combinations include a breast augmentation via fat transfer and:
If you’re interested in learning more about Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer, check out our before-and-after gallery here.
The Benefits of Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer
There are various benefits associated with the procedure, including:
- Body contouring – Excess fat is removed from the abdomen, hips, or thighs, for example, while breast shape and size are improved.
- Correcting breast asymmetry
- Enhancing the results of a breast implant procedure
- A natural look and feel
- None of the risks associated with implants
- Only faint scarring
- The potential to be performed with a small breast lift
Eligibility for Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer
It’s important that you choose breast augmentation with fat transfer for the right reasons. You may also need to fulfil certain criteria before a plastic surgeon will consider you eligible for the breast procedure. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), you’re a good candidate for breast augmentation if:
- You are physically healthy.
- You aren't currently pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have realistic expectations.
- Your breasts are fully developed.
- One or both breasts failed to develop normally.
- One or both breasts are elongated.
- You think your breasts are too small.
- Your breasts lost shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or aging.
- You are unhappy with the upper part of your breast looking "empty."
- Your breasts are asymmetrical.
Breast augmentation is not recommended if you are looking to increase your breasts by several cup sizes. If much larger breasts are your vision, then augmentation with implants may be a better option.
Free Crisalix imaging with Consultation
See the results of your surgery before you have the surgery
Contact us today to get started
Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer vs. with Implants
Many women wonder whether fat transfer or implants is a better option. There are some differences between the two cosmetic procedures.
Breast augmentation with implants involves:
- A larger incision, which can mean a more noticeable scar
- Larger breasts as a result
- A less natural look and feel from artificial implants vs. your own tissue
A breast augmentation with implants has risks associated with it that aren’t present with fat transfer. These include:
- Changes in breast or nipple sensation
- Faulty position of the implant
- Implant leakage or rupture
- The formation of scar tissue around the implant
- Poor scarring
- Fluid accumulation
- Wrinkling skin over the implant
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation at Ver Halen Aesthetics
During your consultation session for a breast augmentation with fat transfer, Dr. Ver Halen will spend time discussing certain topics with you, including:
- The reasons you want cosmetic surgery
- Your expectations
- Your desired outcomes
- Any medical conditions you have, as well as allergies and previous medical treatments
- Medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements you’re currently taking
- Your alcohol, tobacco, and drug use
You’ll have plenty of time to ask any questions you have!
Length of Surgery
Breast augmentation with fat transfer generally takes two to three hours to complete.
Before the scheduled date for your cosmetic surgery, we ask that you book an appointment for a follow-up meeting with your plastic surgeon. This is to ensure that everything went as planned and there are no complications. In some cases, a follow-up procedure may be necessary to achieve your desired breast volume.
The Recovery Period
We recommend that you rest for a day or two after your breast augmentation procedure. For a few days you are likely to feel some soreness in your breasts, as well as in the area that received liposuction. There may also be some slight swelling and bruising. Most patients only use ibuprofen for pain management after surgery.
It’s not necessary to restrict all activity after your procedure. We recommend an active recovery, meaning a return to work and light cardio exercise 48 hours after surgery.
How Long Do Results Last?
The long-term results of breast augmentation with fat transfer are permanent. Since your own body’s tissue is used, your breasts will absorb some of the fat in the six weeks following surgery. The remaining fat will survive just like it does in every other part of your body.
Dr. Ver Halen uses special techniques to ensure his patients receive the maximum benefits from their fat-grafting procedure, including three FDA-approved steps to:
- Make sure he removes non-fat tissue from the fat to be injected;
- Improve the percentage of fat cells and fat progenitor cells (“stem cells”) that he transfers;
- Boost the survival of the transferred fat by using your own growth factors, which he harvests during surgery. These help improve the viability of the fat and draw circulating stem cells from the blood to the butt tissue.
If your weight changes after your procedure, then this can increase or decrease the amount of fat in your breasts. This is completely normal.
The Risks of Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer
There are some risks associated with this plastic surgery. ASPS states that these include:
- Necrosis (death) of fat cells
- Possibility that some of the transferred fat cells will leave the breast area
Dr. Ver Halen will ensure that the right amount of fat is transferred in order to minimize the risk of fat cells dying.
Paying for Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
There are multiple ways that you can finance your breast procedure. You can use credit cards that cover cosmetic surgery, such as those offered by Comenity® Capital Bank (Alphaeon Credit®) and Synchrony Bank (CareCredit®). Another option is to use a specialized, easy-to-use, and efficient loan company, such as Enhance Patient Finance or United Medical Credit. Or you can pay by:
- Cashier’s check
- Credit card
- In-house financing
- Other types of loans
We want you to leave with the look and confidence you’ve been dreaming of, so talk to us about your financing options!